This course follows a step-by-step routine that includes ETL Testing introduction, the difference between OLAP and OLTP, learning about Data Warehousing concepts, its workflow, RDBMS, difference between database testing and data warehouse testing, checking data using SQL and the opportunities in Business Intelligence.
Faculty : Real Time Expert | Duration : 20hrs | Material : Yes | Price : Rs.15,000/-
Itabhyas online training is the Best ETL Testing Online Training in USA, UK, Australia, Canada and India.
Extract, Transform & Load is a process in Data Warehousing. ETL refers to, “Extraction of data from different applications” developed & supported by different vendors, managed & operated by different persons hosted on different technologies “into Staging tables-Transform data from staging tables by applying a series of rules or functions – which may include Joining and Reduplication of data, filter and sort the data using specific attributes, Transposing data, make business calculations etc – to derive the data for loading into the destination system-Loading the data into the destination system, usually the data warehouse, which could further be used for business intelligence & reporting purposes.
Why ETL Testing?
Accuracy of the data from the ETL process is critical as this underlying information influences business decisions & thereby its efficacy. ETL Testing aims to deliver complete, repeatable & auditable test coverage of the ETL process.
What needs ETL Testing?
Each major step of ETL process needs to be verified to uncover data losses, transformation errors, output inaccuracies, data integrity issues, table balancing mismatches, application upgrade errors etc. Following areas are targeted for ETL testing.
- Data Completeness: Coverage for truncation, null records, special cases & boundary cases. Validating all records, fields, full contents are loaded. Verifying for checksum, record counts & analyzing data rejections.
- Transformation Rules: Verifying that the underlying data complies with Transformation & Business rules.
- Systems Integration.
- Regression .
ETL Testing Online Training batches will start every week. Make a call on +91-9030403937 or send a mail to email@example.com
Data warehouse and ETL Concepts
- Database Concepts and SQL
- Queries:Joins, Simple, Complex and Co-related queries
- What is Dataware House
- Characteristics of the Dataware House
- OLTP Vs OLAP
- Dimension Table Vs Fact Table
- Types of Source Files
- Advantages of Dataware House
- Meta Data
- Dataware House Vs Data Mart
- Data Extraction
- Data Transformation(Different Transformation rules)
- Data Loading
- SCD (Type-1,Type-2 and Type-3)
- Introduction of ETL Tool
- Overview of ETL Tool Architecture
- ETL Tool Environment
- Approaches of DW or ETL
- Database Designs(Star Schema, Snowflake Schema etc)
DatawareHouse (ETL) Testing Process
- Software development life cycle and Testing Life Cycle
- Data Ware House(ETL) Test or Work Flow Process
- ETL Testing Work Flow Process
- ETL Testing Introduction
- What is use of testing?
- What is quality & standards?
- Responsibilities of a ETL Tester
- Risks and Challenges of ETL Testing
- Resume Preparation and Interview Tips
- Q & A
Data warehouse (ETL) Test Preparation
- Understanding of Source files and Target
- ELT Testing methodologies and Test Techinques
- ETL Test approach
- Types of Testing
- ETL Testing Work Flow Process
- How to Prepare ETL Test Plan
- How to design Test cases in ETL Testing.
- DW(ETL) Test Environment Setup
Data warehouse (ETL) Test Execution and Results and Report
- How to perform DW (ETL) Testing.
- Testing the Requirements and Functional Design
- Different phases in DW(ETL) Testing
- Data validation in Source and Target
- How to apply Transformation rules in ETL Test execution.
- How to reporting the Bugs in ETL Testing
- How to detect the bugs through database queries
- ETL Testing Responsibilities in DataStage, Informatica, Abinitio etc;
- Automation for ETL Test Execution.
- Tools: SQL and TOAD
- How to Report DW(ETL) Test Execution Status: Daily Vs Weekly
- who is a trainer ?
IT Abhyas trainers are working professionals from the Industry and have 10 yrs of relevant experience.
- Will i ask for Demo session?
yes , we r conducting the demo sessions when u need.
- How i will practice ?
We will provide a software to do the practice.In case you come across any doubt, we have a 24*7 support team they will assist you.
- If I miss the session ?
Any situation you are not attend the session we will provide the Recorded session.
- What about the course Material?
We are ready to provide the course material.
- will i get the videos of course?
yes , you get the videos after completion of daily session.that access for life time.
- Will i enroll now take a sessions after?
yes you will join u take a sessions later.
- If i have any queries ?
you will send a mail or give a call to support team.